Monday, April 07, 2008


BABY BIRD FOUND
Last week we found a baby bird on the ground, blown out of its nest. I wasn't up to personally trying to feed the baby every few hours as my mom has successfully done, so instead I put it in our spare bird cage with the door open and a few potted plants to break the wind and help it feel more secure. For one whole day, its parents visited and even entered the cage to feed it, but my husband thinks it was seriously injured in the fall and as a result, the parents stopped feeding it after the first day. I found the little bugger make on the second day and disposed of the body before my girls saw its poor little lifeless body. Today we finally figured out what kind of bird it was. As a homeschooling assignment my daughter was to find and identify the bird on the Net. I'm reasonably sure it was a Hawaii Creeper.

Photo credits:
Hawaii Forest and Trail This site has some beautiful, closeup bird pictures.
ARKIVE

In Jay Conrad Levinson's updated Guerrilla Marketing, he says an effective business blog has at least 3 postings a week. Jayne has nudged me into renewing my blog's activity by linking to it on her Hawaii WAHM site. Thank you, Jayne!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey~ I'm very happy that you're writing again. I was not getting my dose of entertainment from you and it was making me sad. Too bad about the birdy. Did you step on it by mistake? Good luck with your games. Love the packaging!

Wendi said...

I didn't step on it! LOL!